httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: some Win32 thoughts
Date Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:13:38 GMT
I'd like to have os/foo/http_main, and anything common between the two
copies put into a common file main/foo.c.  The two mains are completely
different, and as we move forward with 2.0 we'll have more process models.
http_main is essentially the process model for apache, at least that's its
main function.

Things like mutexes and shared mem should be split off into other modules
under os/foo and stop using static variables, for example, mod_rewrite
needs mutexes too.  There are other needs for shared memory.  It screams
"abstraction".

This is something that should be left for 2.0 though in my opinion.  I
started weeding my way through http_main once a few weeks ago, but it's
too scary to do now.

Dean