httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b3-dev Thu Nov 13 17:26:17 EST 1997
Date Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:58:51 GMT

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>     * Marc/Martin's [SUGGESTION] removal of strtoul for strtol
> 	<Pine.BSF.3.95q.971113105216.19116A-100000@valis.worldgate.com>

+1

>     * Conditional logging and aplogger
> 	Dean broke piped logging, -DNO_OTHER_CHILD to disable the reliable
> 	stuff if you depend on piped logging.  I figure nobody must, since
> 	we haven't seen a bug report and it'd show up easily under moderate
> 	load. Brian thinks Cond. logging is taking us in an opposite
> 	direction from where we should be going.

This should be fixed now that "pool confusion" is committed.  I've been
running that patch on arctic.org without trouble for 4 days now (I use
piped logging).  This fixes both of the problems I've seen with piped
logging so far.

>     * NameVirtualHost
> 	Causes mucho confusion... Dean is ready to ``admit defeat''
> 	but should we let him? Lars suggests making NameVirtualHost
> 	a required directive or at least an error message, since
> 	it will snag many who go from 1.2 to 1.3.

Lars' documentation is really good, I say we can remove this note for now
and deal with it in 2.0.

Dean