httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Minimizing number of system calls?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 1997 05:47:40 GMT
www.apache.org/docs/misc/perf-tuning.html ... it includes a detailed trace
analysis with commentary.  There are another 4 or 5 calls you can
eliminate with more work and other assumptions about what configurations
you can run with.  I think I comment on all of these "not strictly
required" syscalls in that document ... and explain why they're still
there.

I actually thought of another call I could remove, but the trick to do it
is escaping me right now ... I'll update the document next time it comes
back to me.

Dean