httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1376: Server stops servicing requests when log disk is full (fwd)
Date Sat, 08 Nov 1997 22:27:52 GMT
Using a loopback device mount under linux (treats a file as a device) I
created a 256k filesystem, and started apache with error log and
access_log on that filesystem.  Then I used dd to fill the disk.  Then I
hit it with a lot of hits and traced the children, I kept going until the
children were getting ENOSPC for both error_log and access_log writes.

Nothing ill happened.

The only issue is that Apache makes no attempt to report these errors...
it could report ENOSPC once per child per access_log.  But it can't easily
report error_log ENOSPC.  It could report them if syslog is active.  At
any rate I'm not likely to make a patch for this.  But if someone does
make sure you rate limit it to one report per log per child.

Dean