httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen Announcement
Date Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:40:43 GMT
On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Hmmm ... well, we can default the path to something without spaces for
> now (I think that isn't too painful), and hope not too many people
> change it to something with spaces. The fix isn't that hard, just
> totally digusting, and haven't had the time to do it (and I'm cooking
> major Chinese this evening, so I won't have the time today :-).

As I understand the problem, it's basically that the parent gets the
correct argv (or the Windows equiv - I forget right now), but that
when it spawns its children, it gets screwed up.

Why can't the first parent process just copy the arguments into a
local bit of memory which the children use later on, so that Windows'
process management problems don't affect it?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>