httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: protocol/1399: MISE 4.0 POST, then 401 Unauth, then second POST with good uname/pwd, garbage data in logs and (sometimes) garbled request (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 1997 06:21:17 GMT
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> See discard_request_body in http_protocol.c. ... unfortunately it looks to
> only be called by default_handler() and not die().

And generally, we can't. Because we have no way really of knowing if
the POST request has been read, not read, or partially read by the
module before it returns an error.

I thought that Apache doesn't keep alive any error messages that came
from a request with an entity, for this reason. Maybe I'm remembering
incorrectly.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>