httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: dlopen/dlsym working
Date Sat, 08 Nov 1997 06:15:54 GMT
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, sameer wrote:

> 	OK, so i figured out how to create .so files in FreeBSD and I
> got my modified mod_dll.c to work with dlopen/dlsym on freebsd. We're
> in a beta cycle, so I can't make the module standard apache, right? I
> would like to do that, if possible, but I will defer to the Release
> Master.

I don't particuarly care about that, but please don't call it
mod_dll.c. Because... um... well, Unix doesn't have DLLs. I don't know
what the proper acronym is, but I know it's not DLL. If it works, I'd
perfer it just replaces mod_dld.c, unless that's an improper name, too
(I have no idea what dld stands for, really, except that it's probably
dynamic link... something).

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>