httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@elect6.jrc.it>
Subject Re: *sql driver
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 08:47:00 GMT
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> Ok, but what I meant was that it wouldn't be that hard to make mod_auth_*sql
> keep the connection open.  There isn't much of a layer needed.  Then again,

It does now (and used to do with mod_auth_mysql and _msql when compiled
with the KEEP_OPEN flag). But this is a bit trouble some, for 15 apche
children, you eat away 32 file descriptors and quite some resources on
both ends of the conenction. Plus I am a bit unhappy with the serializing
of mSQL in particular. Given that we are talking about reads onlu.

Dw.