httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@elect6.jrc.it>
Subject Re: expires header in bugdb
Date Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:14:23 GMT
On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Why was this added?  Someone said something about their client reloading
> the page each time they scrolled(!?!?)  That seems like a pretty broken
> client to me.

Hmm, actually it was resizing and back/forward. And yes, I use netscape
3... that should be broken enough. Originally I wanted to add a Last-
Modifed; but I could not see a way of getting that out of the database,
so I proposed a patch for an expiry of 30 minutes. (Which is about
20 minutes more than it takes do download the page in switzerland
around 13GMT :-)

Seems this needs one more itertation; as the form now also reloads
itself; it could have a longer TTL. Any other cache pragma's one
cann set ?

Dw.