httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject some Win32 thoughts
Date Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:08:06 GMT
A few random thoughts on the current organization of the Win32 source:

I still don't like the whole dummy.c/main-in-a-DLL thing. For one thing,
it precludes the inclusion of ApacheCore.dll in some other program. A few
months ago, we discussed renaming the Win32 main() function to
apache_main() or something, and changing dummy.c to os/win32/main.c, which
just called apache_main(). But it was never done. It still makes a lot of
sense to me; anyone else?

Also; http_main.c still confuses the heck out of me. There are two copies
of a fair number of things. I wonder how much trouble it would be to split
the file along the MULTITHREAD #ifdef that spans most of the file, and
create a seperate http_main_mt.c file with the multithreaded/Win32 stuff.

Just some random thoughts, now that I have an NT box to play on again.

   Stanford University, Class of 2001