httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: MS considering moving IIS into NT kernel
Date Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:36:02 GMT
Cool.

IIS in kernel.  ISAPI in IIS.  ISAPI make kernel go poof.

While I doubt that MS has any intentions of doing anything that silly, it
would be.... "interesting".  Anyone want to take bets on what version of
NT will finally be an even less protected environment than MacOS7?

If I were running NT for any production web servers, I would be more than
happy to take a 25% performance hit for a 2x increase in stability.  I am
wondering if MS is going the wrong way in trying to make NT stable by
saying it is stable and make it fast by makeing it less stable.