httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/1440: Rewrite has problems with urls such as "http://foo/bar//goo.html" (double //'s)
Date Sun, 23 Nov 1997 20:22:35 GMT
One could argue that the bug is in Apache accepting URLs with double '/'s
at all.

_if_ a resource is a file, and _if_ there are double '/'s in it, then
it could be argued that Apache should not accept it as is but, in order to
be nice to users, should send a redirect to the correct URL.

There is nothing saying that http://foo//bar == http://foo/bar because
they are not equal.  Some web servers treat them as equal.  Some web
servers do not, and refuse to accept the second one.