httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: before 1.3b3...
Date Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:43:50 GMT
I was thinking that since the patch uses strtoul, there must be some
reason; if that is the case, you can't just change it.

I can find none.  I can find no reason why this requires an unsigned long.
If someone is silly enough to put something too big to put in a signed
long, then it ain't an IP address anyway.

Why not just convert it to longs?  Is there some point in using unsigned
longs?