httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: general/1404: doesnt build due to BSD file name length restri ctions (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:06:53 GMT
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 12:03:29PM -0500, Ben Hyde wrote:
> > I believe this is only a warning, the server still links fine.
> > Sunos gets these too, but not today (1.3b3-dev) since it get's stuck at
> > the fgetc isn't declared in stdio problem. - ben
>
> There's a set of prototypes in conf.h which are meant to be used on SUNOS
> (and SUNOS only): they declare the missing prototypes iff the #define
> SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES is set. I added prototypes for fgets() and fgetc()
> to this set of prototypes yesterday. My question now is: did anything
> change, or is possibly the #define SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES not set on your
> platform? Can you please re-check and report either to the list
> (preferred) or to my personnally? I would like to eliminate this compile
> failure before the official distribution of 1.3b3.

SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES is never set.  I am of the opinion that prototyping
two million functions like we would have to do for SunOS 4.x by default is
bad karma.

It works fine if you move the declaration outside to an ifdefed SUNOS
section after stdio.h is included.  I would suggest that these two should
be seperated from the others in SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES.