httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: protocol/1399: MISE 4.0 POST, then 401 Unauth, then second POST with good uname/pwd, garbage data in logs and (sometimes) garbled request (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 1997 01:58:25 GMT
Nyet, not in 1.3.

Not in my tree anyway.

This:

  *) API: In HTTP/1.1, whether or not a request message contains a body
     is independent of the request method and based solely on the presence
     of a Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding.  Therefore, our default
     handlers need to be prepared to read a body even if they don't know
     what to do with it; otherwise, the body would be mistaken for the
     next request on a persistent connection.  discard_request_body()
     has been added to take care of that.  [Roy Fielding] PR#378

is related, however the problem is that discard_request_body isn't being
called everywhere it is necessary.  It is not yet clear to me if it can be
added easily, or if we have to force a connection close.  The problem is
that certain things can only be called once, and we don't necessarily know
everything that modules are doing.