httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: os-windows/1378: Server on Windows NT crashes with very long URL (fwd)
Date Sat, 08 Nov 1997 02:35:40 GMT
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> We need to change the calling convention for os_canonical_filename to
> include a buffer length and a failure code (if it doesn't have one
> alreayd).  We shouldn't just patch around this by making bigger buffers...

Are you kidding?  The only reason 90% of Apache works is because of

It actually is a bit disturbing, and I agree it should be eliminated
where possible... to figure out how to stop our )#*@()# Pentium shell boxes
from being crashed by pathetic pukes with nothing better to do
than exploit Intel's stupidity.  Grrrrrr.  Wonder if proccess
accounting is quick enough to catch who did it before it dies.

View raw message