httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Aha! The conditional logging beast rears its head again
Date Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:13:11 GMT

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Yeah whatever, I'm not going to veto it since you all seem to want it.  I
> just think that down this path lies feature bloat, and is more of a
> "windows" philosophy than a unix philosophy.  What if one of our modules

So, do piped logs work reliably on NT?  <g>  You also have to consider
that the average NT installation does things the Windows way, so the user
doesn't have a choice of just piping it to grep.  It is either have it
built into the server, or download twelve zillion little things and try to
make them work.

I agree that for many things they are better, however many people just
don't want that.