httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Separate apache.org docs
Date Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:48:14 GMT
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> > >+1 on your change to the headers and footers.
> >
> >     What about the dual tree idea on www.apache.org?
>
> If the 1.2 tree can be kept up to date, sure +1.

Personally, I don't see the point.  99% of people's problems are because
they can't read.  There are little enough people making real improvements
on docs; I find it hard to justify the effort required to maintain two
trees simply because some people can't read.  We don't have the resources.
If there are places where it is not clear that things are only in a
particular version, those places should be clarified instead of splitting.