httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Randall <crand...@matchlogic.com>
Subject RE: Want to add file caching to Apache
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:51:56 GMT
Would it be possible to develop the APIs, implement the system on
Solaris as a prototype, and then go back to the APIs and fill in the
holes on other operating systems (instead of getting buried in the
system-independence details now)?

A first attempt at implementing the system-specific underworkings of the
APIs could use whatever means necessary.

Charles