httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: protocol/1399: MISE 4.0 POST, then 401 Unauth, then second POST with good uname/pwd, garbage data in logs and (sometimes) garbled request (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:44:47 GMT
>> See discard_request_body in http_protocol.c. ... unfortunately it looks to
>> only be called by default_handler() and not die().

Yep, I mentioned this when I made the original patch -- mod_cgi fails
to do the right thing.  However, I didn't think about using die() to
do it for us.  All it would require is the addition of

   dummy = discard_request_body(r);

which is safe to call even if there is no body or it has already been read.

>And generally, we can't. Because we have no way really of knowing if
>the POST request has been read, not read, or partially read by the
>module before it returns an error.

Yes we do -- r->read_length will be > 0 if the body has been read at all.

>I thought that Apache doesn't keep alive any error messages that came
>from a request with an entity, for this reason. Maybe I'm remembering
>incorrectly.

That changed around 1.2b8 or so.

....Roy