httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com>
Subject RE: telnet access to NT server...
Date Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:15:00 GMT
I am unaware of a usable Telnet server for NT workstation.  There is a
commercial RSH
server though.  Most of the licenses for software on this machine are to
a single
individual using them on a single (or occasionally two) machines.  So it
would be
delicate to create a legal configuration of this nature.  Finally the
compiling tools on
the NT are really not designed for command line use.  It is a struggle
to keep the makefiles in synch with the environment created by the IDE,
and that's where one
actually works.  So - in summary - I doubt this is a tractable thing to
set up.

On the otherhand it might be possible to cobble together something that
allows
one to request a build, with the current CVS tree plus some unix style
patches
as input... humm.  I guess I'd rather see some automated testing first.
- ben h.