httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b4-dev Sun Nov 30 11:16:51 EST 1997
Date Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:59:16 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > > Plan:
> >
> > I've done some work today on ASP, and I think I've got it sussed. At
> > least, I'm starting to get it sussed, and I have actually managed to run
> > a VBScript from my own program.
> >
> > Question: should we emulate IIS's ASP, do our own, or both?
> >
> > For the record: IIS's interface is a bit strange in places, like why is
> > logging in the Response object, for example?
> >
> > Also, if we're going to do ASP emulation, has anyone got a bunch of ASP
> > pages I can test with?
> >

> This is pretty cool... Is this just for the Win32 port or the
> whole sheebang?

Well, this is support for Active Scripting, which means you gotta have:

a) OLE
b) Active Scripting Engines (e.g. VBScript, JScript).

That said, a lot of the code could, in theory, be reused in a non-OLE
non-Active Scripted environment. But why bother? ASP isn't really any
better than, say, Perl, unless you are into Visual Interdev and ODBC and
all that...

Oh, BTW, it's written in C++ :-)

Cheers,

Ben.