httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: windows install sheild
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:12:59 GMT
sameer wrote:

>         Can you make the installsheild pop up a readme? It's very
> confusing for the installsheild to just quit at the end. I think it
> doesn't need to be complex.. here's a draft:
>
> Thanks for trying Apache 1.3b3 for Win32!
>
> Now that Apache is installed, you can start it by going into the
> program group and just clicking on Apache. If you'd like to install
> Apache as a service on NT, start up the commandline and run:
>
> D:\Program Files\Apache> apache -d "D:\Program Files\Apache" -i
>
> Thanks for using Apache!

This is hardly the moment to bring this up.

>         Also did you stick in a populated htdocs and icons directories?

Or this (and no, I didn't).

BTW, I'm quite happy to consider alternatives to InstallShield, if
anyone's got any suggestions (I know there were some a while back). I'm
getting quite tired of spending development time on what should be
completely bleedin' trivial. Also, it doesn't look like its going to be
easy to maintain, or to automate (the creation of the binary, that is).

Cheers,

Ben.