httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <tatar...@prairie.NoDak.edu>
Subject Re: Want to add file caching to Apache
Date Thu, 20 Nov 1997 18:45:03 GMT
Charles Randall wrote:

> Would it be possible to develop the APIs, implement the system on
> Solaris as a prototype, and then go back to the APIs and fill in the
> holes on other operating systems (instead of getting buried in the
> system-independence details now)?
>
> A first attempt at implementing the system-specific underworkings of the
> APIs could use whatever means necessary.
>
> Charles

I see your point. I also think that it is better to have all logic
separated from implementation specifics; that is move all stuff like
#ifdef NT4.0_SERVICEPACK27 :)
blah blah blah
#endif
to separate files. That way the code would be easier to read but we will
have to define our own API and do a lot of editing.

igor