httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen Announcement
Date Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:27:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > jim@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > >   +Apache 1.3b3 under both Win32 and UNIX has undergone extensive testing,
> > >   +and is much improved over the previous 1.3b2 release. In particular,
> > >   +the 1.3b2 release for Win32 was considered a ``developers version.''
> > >   +We feel pretty confident that the Win32 port is ready for a much wider
> > >   +audience, and with that in mind, we are providing pre-compiled
> > >   +executables for the Win32 platform.
> >
> > Better, even, we'll be providing a proper Windows install. But that
> > reminds me that we have yet to deal with the spaces in paths being
> > handed to child processes problem.
> >

> Is that something that should, in your opinion, hold off on the 1.3b3
> release?

Hmmm ... well, we can default the path to something without spaces for
now (I think that isn't too painful), and hope not too many people
change it to something with spaces. The fix isn't that hard, just
totally digusting, and haven't had the time to do it (and I'm cooking
major Chinese this evening, so I won't have the time today :-).

Cheers,

Ben.