httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:31:16 GMT
On Thu, Nov 27, 1997 at 10:21:00PM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     FWIW, I've packed up the /icons/ and /htdocs/ trees into a
>     self-extracting ZIP file, since they're not in the InstallShield
>     package for 1.3b3 (too much manual work!).  No source files, just
>     the stuff for the running environment.
>
>      ftp://ftp.apache.org/httpd/Apache_1.3b3_Win32_ex.exe
>
>     So, would anyone care to try this out before I move it into the real
>     /dist/ area?

Can you please change the name to match the distribution package
(i.e., all lower case, so that it will appear at the appropriate
place in the directory listing, just below the InstallShield
package), and add a more descriptive suffix? (What does _ex stand
for?)

And what about removing the older Apache_1.3bXX packages from
/httpd/dist/? Leaving them there adds to the confusion (allright,
you're not supposed to use /httpd/dist/ anyway. But why should we
tempt people...)

Just my $.02

    Martin