httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b4-dev Sat Nov 22 18:26:26 EST 1997
Date Sun, 23 Nov 1997 04:05:31 GMT
> Open issues:
>
>     * Conditional logging and aplogger
> 	Dean broke piped logging, -DNO_OTHER_CHILD to disable the reliable
> 	stuff if you depend on piped logging.  I figure nobody must, since
> 	we haven't seen a bug report and it'd show up easily under moderate
> 	load. Brian thinks Cond. logging is taking us in an opposite
> 	direction from where we should be going.

I'm about to pick this up and give it a go. Can any of you comment
again on your position with this? Seems that it is relatively easy
to make the conditional (assuming loglevels) model work with an external
logging process.

>     * NameVirtualHost
> 	Causes mucho confusion... Dean is ready to ``admit defeat''
> 	but should we let him? Lars suggests making NameVirtualHost
> 	a required directive or at least an error message, since
> 	it will snag many who go from 1.2 to 1.3.

After dealing with this recently, I don't understand why this is not
the default behavior.