httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Test suites
Date Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:04:38 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.971120155829.32108D-100000@ecstasy.localnet> you wrote:

> What's the current status with test suites for Apache? I think Ralf
> proposed something a while ago, and we some random stuff in src/test.

> Has anyone thought about using dejaGNU for testing? It certainly seems
> capable of doing some decent test cases, and it just happens that we might
> be able to get an Apache test suite that's already been developed (by a
> company which needed to test Apache extensively), for free.

> Of course, dejaGNU itself is GPL'd, but would that be a problem? We'd only
> be working with the tests themselves. This seems like a neat way of
> getting some comprehensive tests ready made for us, without too much work.
> If anyone radically objects to basing tests on dejaGNU, please speak up
> now...

My trial for a test suite is still useable, but lacks the tests itself ;_) A
few weeks ago I'ved enhanced the old stuff and now it worked fine for a few
mod_rewrite tests the last time. You can have a look at the current stuff;
i've placed it again under http://www.apache.org/~rse/.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com