httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: http_main.c
Date Sat, 22 Nov 1997 05:10:21 GMT
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 11:42:02 -0800 (PST), Dean Gaudet wrote:

>Oh certainly, and you can have the honour of doing the full multithreaded
>OS/2 port :)  I must get off my butt and write up my design for the
>process model api so we can argue about it.
>
>Even unix boxes are better off threading.

I'd be willing to give it a go. I've had a bit of a look at the code and
found quite a bit of Windoze specific stuff inside #ifdef MULTITHREAD blocks.

If multithreading stuff can be fully abstracted then it should be easy.
multithread.c looks like a good start but even it is a bit Windoze biased
(exactly mirrors the three semaphore types in Win32).

Are there any docs anywhere describing how the code actually works? Reading
source code is a pretty slow way of learning how it all hangs together. What
I've done so far barely scratches the surface.