httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [PATCH] protocol/1399: failing to read body
Date Fri, 14 Nov 1997 02:25:27 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
> >
> >I suggest 1.3b3 is held off a couple of days.  This would be nice to get
> >resolved, and I get the impression that a few other things are still in
> >the last minute stages...
>     No, please. -0.75.  I do not want to see the 1.3 betas slipping.
>     The 14/11 date was proposed on the 6th, three people have +1ed it,
>     and no-one has demurred until now, on the very eve.  Can we please
>     just roll & ship 1.3b3 and immediately check this into 1.3b4-dev?

As RM I think it makes sense to wait a few days for 1.3b3 to be
released. A few things have "snuck up" kind of quickly and we seem
to have gotten into "hey let's hurry up and come up with a quick
fix" when it should be "let's come up with the _right_ fix". That's
not saying that the proposed patches don't fix the problems, but
here it is 24hours or so from a possible beta release and it just
feels a bit rushed to me right now... Too much has popped up
and been voted on fast-and-furious and that's not a phase I think
we should be in, ever.

Let's catch our breath, as it were.

Not only that, but some pretty heavy stuff has just recently been
folded in (the pchild stuff pops into mind first) and I'm wondering
how many of us have even ran the latest CVS tree. We should give it
a workout ourselves before we release it.

Maybe Monday...

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |
            "Look at me! I'm wearing a cardboard belt!"

View raw message