httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: windows install sheild
Date Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:14:12 GMT
[snip]

    There are four functions the tray should do, at a minimum:

     o Start
     o Stop (in UNIX terms, kill -TERM)

The above functions are done

     o Graceful restart (kill -USR1)
     o Immediate restart (kill -HUP)

Since Apache (as a service) is controlled by the Service Control Manager, I am
not sure I can just go off and blow it away. For things like Purveyor's restart
the app has to be changed to accept new SCM messages.

Running Apache standalone is a different story, although I'm suspicious of MS's
ability to properly do signals. VMS didn't get them right, for example.

    Good stuff on the progress so far!  Randy, do you have any teeny
    feather icons for the tray app?

Thanks. I'll see what I can do to snag a feather. Right now the traffic lights work
ok...

    Your mail is getting better, DDA, but it still goes 'way past column
    65 and has that WINMAIL uuencoded cruft..

I have tried various things and Outlook seems to insist on adding that formatting crap.
At some point I'm just going to punt and use Eudora or Netscape or anything not
made by BillCo.

    #ken    P-)}

DDA