httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject IDG Netherlands (fwd)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
    Acked.  Sounds like a good candidate for mod_rewrite, but I don't
    have time right now.  Anyone else?  Ralf?

    #ken    P-)}
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:22:39 +0100
From: Tom Albers <>
Subject: IDG Netherlands

I've a question for you, maybe I'm not at correct place here, but maybe you
are willing to help me (could not find it anywhere on the web.
I'm working with Apache/1.2.4.

I have two domains (A & B). The server runs on A and there is a virtual
domain B. B has a seperate IP-number, working great. Now I want to start to
do a transition, the user goes to A and the url immediatly changes to B.

I thought I could do that in the 'ServerName', but it does only convert the
url, for people wich type in the ip-adress from A. It does not change the
name from A to B.

Can I do it with a Virtual Host section for the default domain or with a
PermanentRedirect ?

Would be great if you could help me.

Tom Albers
IDG Communications Netherlands