httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject 1.3b3 Win32 socket fixes? (fwd)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
    Acked.  Ben, you want to address this one?

    #ken    P-)}
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:31:56 +0100
From: Laurent <wizard@mail.dotcom.fr>
Subject: Re: Apache 1.3b3 Released!

Hi,

I am very interested in the following topics since I think I have the
same problems. Are you able to explain me a little what was wrong with
Win32 and what was the fix or workaround. Maybe I can find directly the
answer in the apache code ?

> *) WIN32: Fix the code so CGIs can use socket calls on Windows.
>      The problem was that certain undocumented environment variables
>          needed for sockets to work under Win32 were not being passed.
>      [Frank Faubert <frank@sane.com>]
> *) WIN32: Some Win32 systems terminated all responses after 16 kB.
>      This turns out to be a bug in Winsock - select() doesn't always
>      return the correct status.  [Ben Laurie]

Thanks in advance.

I am using apache for our intranet on an Alpha server and it works very
well. No problem at all. Good work !

Laurent.

--
Laurent DENIEL                | E-mail: deniel@worldnet.fr
Paris, FRANCE                 |         deniel@airsys.thomson.fr
                              | WWW   : http://www.worldnet.fr/~deniel
     All above opinions are personal, unless stated otherwise.