httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: 1.3b3 announcement as I'll send it
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>
>At 12:21 PM 11/20/97 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>>Should we really add the entries in CHANGES??
>
>The message was *really* long in my opinion, 50K per person, so with 9502
>recipients we just pushed out almost 475 megabytes due to that message
>along.  That did somewhat add to transmission time.

    Well, all through the 1.2 beta cycle, as I recall, every
    announcement included all the changes from day 1.  (Of course, I
    might not be recalling accurately.)  I debated just including the
    changes since 1.3b2 but thought it better to have everything since
    1.2.

    I'm -0 on not sending them, but the Announcement should clearly
    state where to find them before downloading.  If we agree not to
    send them, I'll add that step to the 'how to announce' section
    (which is missing a couple of pieces I discovered to-day, and intend
    to fix).

    #ken    P-)}