httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject RE: Possible suggested schedule for 1.3b3
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Jim Jagielski flowed the following:
>
>Here's my plan... +1s or -1s?
>
>    1. Rename 1.3b3-dev to 1.3b3-fc1.
>    2. Announce a freeze on all commits to the code tree
>    3. Expect people to update their CVS tree, compile and
>       test for some time (24hours) to appease Marc
>       (note: I've been saying that people should be
>       doing this in anticipation of the release... For
>       some reason this does not appear to have been
>       enough.)
>    4. Rename 1.3b3-fc1 to 1.3b3, and tag it
>    5. We roll, announce release

    I don't see the need for step [1].

    I've been assuming a commit freeze since you said you were tagging a
    few hours after 12H00 EST; have I been in error?

    +1.  I propose the freeze & start testing for 12H00 EST on Monday,
    which means tagging & rolling (if good) at noon (EST) on Tuesday.
    That gives any outstanding patches with the votes about 15 hours to
    get committed (from now).  Reasonable?

    #ken    P-)}