httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Garbage in CHANGES
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Jim Jagielski flowed the following:
>
>> >   *) Inherit a bugfix to fnmatch.c from FreeBSD sources.
>> >      ["[KOI8-R] =E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA =FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7" <ache@nagu=
>al.pp.ru>] PR#1311
>> >=20
>> >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >      Anyone else seeing that as weird chars?
>>=20
>> That is the way it is supposed to look.  It's his name.  It isn't
>> representable in ASCII, and he has to call himself someone...  The
>> [KOI8-R] indicates what charset it is in.=20
>>=20
>
>Gotcha... I was wondering if some strange 8-bits may have snuck
>in.

    Unfortunately, now that the quoted-printable version has been pasted
    into CHANGES, it needs to *always* be regarded as quoted-printable.
    I think we should ask him how he'd like to see it in ASCII (well,
    ISO-Latin-1) and represent it that way.

    -0.5 on quoted-printable stuff in *any* of the source files - it's a
    mail transform.

    #ken    P-)}