httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Separate apache.org docs
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Dean Gaudet flowed the following:
>
>Did you see my flailing around on apache-cvs trying to update the 1.2
>docs?  We let them slip too far -- and someone, not mentioning names!,
>decided to reformat our html.  So I'm tending to agree with Marc now that
>it's hopeless, and something we should just remember for the future.

    I saw your updates, but didn't read them - my bandwidth is a little
    restricted right now.  This would have come up anyway, since carte
    blanche was awarded months ago for reformatting the HTML source.
    When I have some bandwidth, I'll do an intentional (rather than
    contextual) diff of the two trees on those files your were frobbing
    and make up a patch.

    So what, specifically, is hopeless?  Trying to keep the two in sync?

>+1 on your change to the headers and footers.

    What about the dual tree idea on www.apache.org?

    #ken    P-)}