httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject Re: vhost matching and check_fulluri
Date Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:25:19 GMT
According to Dean Gaudet:

>  This would be a bug if you're refering to 1.3.  But given that I tested
>  this stuff I'm surprised.

*blush* I'm stupid... I had ProxyRequests turned on. <:-}
I should stop testing such stuff after 2 a.m. 8-)

But there is still one thing that seems bogus to me.

Here is my example config:

 Listen 192.168.0.254:80
 Listen 192.168.1.254:8080

 NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.254

 <VirtualHost 192.168.0.254>
 DocumentRoot /usr/home/sfx/httpd/htdocs/vhost1
 ServerName www.domain.tld
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost 192.168.1.254:8080>
 DocumentRoot /usr/home/sfx/httpd/htdocs/vhost2
 ServerName www.otherdomain.tld

www.otherdomain.tld is an alias for 192.168.1.254 and www.domain.tld an alias
for 192.168.0.254.

A request to port 80 on 192.168.1.254 fails, because Apache is only listening
on port 8080, but sending the request

  GET http://www.otherdomain.tld:80/ HTTP/1.1

to port 80 on 192.168.0.254 returns vhost2.
Yes ProxyRequests is turned on, but Apache doesn't Listen on Port 80 for
www.otherdomain.tld. (?)
Using the IP address in the request results in a correct "Could not connect
to remote machine" message.

Is it just me doing bogus things or is it Apache?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                      - Bugs come in through open Windows.
sfx@unix-ag.org