httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject RE: NameVirtualHost
Date Sun, 26 Oct 1997 14:20:44 GMT
According to Dean Gaudet:

> > Seems silly since www.mainserver.com is not a virtual host in this case.
> > It's the real host.  Thought we had bashed this one to death, but I guess
> > not.  Still lots of confusion.
>
>  Pretend there's no such thing as "the real host"... there isn't in the
>  code.  There's just a _default_ host, and you can explicitly override it
>  if you want.

Hmmm... as far as I understand the code the first vhost following a
NameVirtualHost directive is used as a default if a connect on that
IP has an unknown or no Host: header. So what is the deal with a
"_default_" vhost? In what case do I need such a vhost?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                     - Modesty: Being comfortable that others
sfx@unix-ag.org                                will discover your greatness.