httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject RE: NameVirtualHost
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:51:58 GMT
According to Dean Gaudet:

>      In the absence of NameVirtualHost, Apache will do what everyone seems
>      to want it to do (but me).  That is it will guess that any overlapping
>      IP addresses are supposed to be name virtual hosts.
>
>      If any NameVirtualHost directives are present, then they must list
>      all addresses (any unlisted addresses result in an error).

Hmmm... how about making NameVirtualHost a required directive. Let Apache
issue an error message on startup if there is a VirtualHost without a
NameVirtualHost directive (or "NameVirtualHost None" is used).

This will prevent people from using their old VirtualHost configs when
upgrading to Apache 1.3.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                    - Beat me, whip me, make me use Windows!
sfx@unix-ag.org