httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject dist size (was Re: cvs commit: apachen/htdocs/manual LICENSE)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:22:59 GMT
According to Brian Behlendorf:

>  At some point (before 1.3 final?) this should be propagated to all the
>  places where the license is printed (i.e. all .c and .h files, where
>  else?).  Either that or we leave the license out of individual source code
>  files; it would certainly make the distribution smaller.

Good idea (IMHO) this would make the distribution approx. 350k smaller.
I'm also wondering if it would be good idea to remove the manual (850k) from
the distribution and create a separate manual-distribution?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                         - Masochist: Windows programmer
sfx@unix-ag.org                                         with a smile.