httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: Trying to grok .module files
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 01:55:11 GMT
> There are two examples.  The ConfigStart/ConfigEnd code in mod_auth_dbm is
> similar.

Ah, right.  Forgot about that one.  Since I generate my mod_php3.module
file using autoconf and a mod_php3.module.in template, I need to have it
in a separate file.

> > It obviously shouldn't be doing a -ldb on Solaris.  So, we need to clear
> > that default on that platform (and many others, I bet), so I suggest this
> > patch:
>
> Uh, without -ldb it won't even link... you have to install db on solaris
> boxes anyhow, since it's not there by default.  And when you do, -ldb
> will work.

Ah, sorry.  Brain fog on that one.  You are right, of course.

As for Jim's suggestion to run TestCompile out of the src directory.
Doesn't matter to me if we do it that way or the way I suggested with the
"cd .." before the $(CC).  Whichever way, TestCompile needs to compile
from the same location as the real compile or the test is not completely
reliable.

-Rasmus