httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject child process limits
Date Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:08:17 GMT

Is there any way to configure Apache to give it time limits on a
child process ? We can set limits for CGI but how about the apache
processes themselves ?

I've seen a couple of my httpd's stuck in a cpu chewing state. This
is probably some accidental infinite loop in my own perl running
with mod_perl. These problems are hard to catch and even after
ataching gdb to a process it's not always easy to trace back to the
offending code/url combo. While trying to track these problems down
it'd be very useful to have a way to limit the cpu time the process
is allowed so I can nuke anything running for more than a couple of
minutes.

Is there a way to do this ?