httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Browser capabilities?]]
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 21:57:43 GMT
On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> The desire is to be able to distinguish between clients which are being
> controlled by a human at that moment, and clients which are uncontrolled.

[snip]

> But mostly it's 'cause of ad impressions (at least for the folks I deal
> with).  Rob probably wants it mostly for robot control reasons.

I do, and I'm not alone in wanting it for that reason. Uncontrolled
crawling can do enormous damage if it doesn't comply with the
voluntary robot exclusion protocol and the guidelines for responsible
crawling.

Ok guys, what else is on your Netscape wish-list that we can cheer
MS for already doing ?  :-)