httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject RE: [STATUS] Fri Oct 24 21:45:20 EDT 1997
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:26:00 GMT
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Ken A L Coar wrote:
>     * DDA's adding a tray application to the Windoze version for ease of
>       status/management.
>        <01BCDB29.2C04DEB0@caravan.individual.com>
>        <01BCDB2A.F8C09010@caravan.individual.com>
>
>     I'm +1 on putting this in during the beta cycle.

I'm kind of not in favour of anything which is '95 specific. I don't think
it is a good enough OS(*) to run a web server on. I would rather
concentrate on making it work as well as possible under NT (and in
particular NT5), which has a very different control/interface metaphor.  I
am kind of definitely against working on non-essential stuff during the
beta when we have some serious functionality bugs and no performance
tuning to speak of.

That's not to say I'd veto it if someone wants to go out an do it, as long
as it (a) does not impact the core Apache code or performance on NT and
(b) isn't developed at the expense of working on the really important
issues.

//pcs

(* this does not imply I think that NT is good enough either, just
one-zillion times better than 95).