httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Fri Oct 24 21:45:20 EDT 1997
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:14:12 GMT
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Hmmm ... next question: are you browsing from the same or a different
> > machine? Via localhost or via the "real" IP? (When I've finished the
> > work I'm doing I'll try all combinations myself).

On NT, I have tried - with -X/without -X
                      using 127.0.0.1, using real IP
                      local client, remote client
                      accessing 127.0.0.1 as a vhost
                      accessing a file without a MIME type

On 95, local remote access to the main server, file has no
MIME type.

> One of my guinea pigs reports the same problem. Interesting difference
> between him and me: he has IE4 installed. What about you, Dirk, Paul?

On NT: workstation, SP3, IE4 release (not preview)
On 95: no service packs, IE3.02 full release (not beta)

Any clues?

//pcs