httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject RE: apache_1.3b3-dev_win32_a.exe
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:21:02 GMT
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
>  - It still installs by default to \Program Files\Apache, instead of
>    \Apache
>
> 	This is the "norm" for the Win32 environment. Of course, the user should have the
> 	ability to change it if they like.

Yeah, it's normally \Program Files\company-name\product. If we could
correctly update the conf/*-win files with the install location we could
set it correctly. But we can't at the moment so we have to hardcode a
default location.

>  - It adds a registry key for "Apache inc." with various keys
>    such as "Apache WebServer for Win32", "1.31.000". Is this install
>    shield? It should be possible to turn off all registry stuff.
>
> 	Some of this is for InstallShield, I think, used for the Uninstall

I think the uninstall stuff goes somewhere under a Microsoft or Windows NT
key, since it is a function of the OS, not of the software itself. This
key is not need for uninstall.

//pcs