httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Stronghold httpsd and IE4.0
Date Sat, 04 Oct 1997 07:52:05 GMT
> It appears like there is a bug in Stronghold when dealing with HTTP/1.1
> and SSL chunked encoding and CGIs.  Hopefully this is enough for c2 to
> track it down now that it can be replicated...

Yes it is a bug. When the chunking code was changed to use writev()
instead of write()  in one of the Apache 1.2 beta's I fixed up Stronghold
to use multiple write's on SSL requests.  Unfortunately this fix was lost
(it's not even in my CVS tree).

[The bug can be quickly worked around  by editing the src/buff.c
file, inserting the line
#define NO_WRITEV
at the top and recompiling Stronghold.  This fixes the problem, however a
full bug fix will be available on our site on Monday]

Mark