httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Mon Oct 27 08:10:04 EST 1997
Date Tue, 28 Oct 1997 01:24:09 GMT

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Brian Havard wrote:

> 1) src/regex/mkh contains "PATH=/bin:/usr/bin ; export PATH" which ruins the
> normal path so nothing runs. Can this be eliminated? Surely these are already
> in the path of any system that needs it.

Oh I didn't think we ran mkh any longer, because the NT port can't run it
and we just have hard coded the output or something... but yeah I'm happy
eliminating this.

> 2) src/regex/Makefile contains "SHELL = /bin/sh" which of course isn't where
> you find sh on OS/2. Other makefiles in the source are created using $SHELL
> which Configure set up as just "sh" for OS/2 but not here. I have to change
> this to "SHELL = sh".

I'd be happy with a Makefile.tmpl for regex as well.

> 3) src/helpers/CutRule DOESN'T have a #!/bin/sh so sh doesn't recognize it as
> an executable. Puting it in doesn't seem to break anything (well, I tried it
> on Linux) but I don't understand why it's not needed.

Oh, a script file doesn't have to start with #!/bin/sh under unix.  It
just has to not have the "magic number" of an executable and it'll be
treated as a script.  +1 on adding #!/bin/sh.

So all of the above works for me.

Dean