httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: NameVirtualHost
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 23:11:43 GMT
No it isn't.  It depends on how their config is supposed to work.  But
here are the two primary cases:

- main server isn't used.  The user probably already has a _default_, and
    they've already set up a default name-vhost at the end of the list
    of name vhosts.  They need to move the *last* name-vhost up to before
    all the other name-vhosts.

- main server is used.  The user needs to add something like this:

    <VirtualHost www.mainserver.com>
    ServerName www.mainserver.com
    </VirtualHost>

    before other name-vhosts.  Nothing else need be in that definition...
    it'll inherit.

Dean